Sunday, October 24, 2010

We Love Candy Corn!

Along with our short vowel week we had our candy corn themed centers and made this cute Candy Corn Man.

Short Vowel and Candy Corn Week 007Short Vowel and Candy Corn Week 008

This center was candy corn number order from least to greatest using numbers to 75. We did candy corn math facts where they sorted facts into sums of 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.

 Short Vowel and Candy Corn Week 002 Short Vowel and Candy Corn Week 003

Using our sight words the kids did a sentence scramble to write complete sentences. They built candy corn words using each of the short vowel sounds.

Short Vowel and Candy Corn Week 001Short Vowel and Candy Corn Week 004 

We had some candy corn playing cards that they used to make math facts. They also put candy corn Halloween words in ABC order.

Short Vowel and Candy Corn Week 005     Short Vowel and Candy Corn Week 010

The last job they did was making a set of short vowel words using a beginning, middle vowel sound, and ending sound on the candy corn shapes.

Short Vowel and Candy Corn Week 011

8 comments:

  1. I know I'm finding this post almost a year late, as well as your blog..wish I had seen it last year! Anyway, do you sell the blacklines for some of these activities? Just wondering...:O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! I'd love to use some of these ideas for upcoming October!

    Amanda
    Frolicking Through First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to have copies of these templates, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. templates- me too PREtty PLease!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love the templates also!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to use this with my first graders. I know they would love it too! :) Do you have this on TpT or blackline masters? sonia.hofstetter@mcpherson.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you have templates for these activities? they look so awesome!

    ReplyDelete