Friday, August 5, 2011

Welcome to First Grade!

My name is Mrs. Schmelzer and I will be your 1st grade teacher this year. I am so excited to meet you and get the year started! I am starting my 25th year of teaching! I absolutely LOVE teaching 1st grade! I have been spending a lot of time getting our classroom ready. There is so much more to do! I hope you are ready to start school too. I am looking forward to seeing you at “Meet the Teacher Night” on Tuesday, August 9. Please bring your supplies with you so you can unload them all and we will be ready to start right away on our first day together. Here is a note of some extra things you will need to bring and things you do NOT need to bring.Picture2 supply note

Here is a picture of my family. Scott and I have been married 24 years. He works at Metal Fab Inc. as a Director of Sales. We have 3 daughters. Karley is 20 and will be a junior at Emporia State. She is a softball pitcher for the team there. Karley worked at Camp Hyde through the YMCA this summer as a Sports Camp Counselor. She is going to college to be a teacher too. Bradie is 18 and will join Karley at Emporia State as a freshman next year. She is also going to play softball there.  She spent the summer playing travel softball. She kept me very busy going to ball games. We traveled to Kansas City 3 weekends, OK City, St. Louis, and Denver for a week this summer! She is going into nursing at ESU. Madison is 14 and will be in 8th grade at Garden Plain where we live. She just got her learners permit so she has been driving me around town lately. She is excited for her volleyball season to start soon. Remi is our 6 year old Cockapoo. Isn’t she cute? She likes to go on runs with me and greets me at the door every day when I come home from work. I love spending time with my family. We love to shop, play cards, go to the Y, and watch movies together. I am really going to miss my girls when they go to college next week!

Picture1

Thanks for logging on to our blog! I can’t wait to meet you next week! If you have any questions, please email me at dschmelzer@usd266.com

See you next week!

Mrs. Schmelzer

No comments:

Post a Comment